January is truly the heart of the winter in Val d'Isere. The Christmas and New Year’s crowds dissipate, the snow settles in and there is a whole month to enjoy everything the mountain has to offer.
This year we have fortunately seen incredible snowfall since November, so Val d'Isere has already been liberally coated in the white stuff, with fantastic Christmas and New Year’s weeks as a result. However, January generally brings a huge quantity of snow, leading to powder days galore. Furthermore, there are a few exceptional events happening throughout the month that keep skiers and snowboarders occupied when not shredding the snow.
More Val d'Isere Insights...
- Travellers welcome to Val d'Isere from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Val d'Isere
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Introducing Huski - A meal delivery company in Val d'Isere
- Plenty of powder on the Val d'Isere slopes