February is a popular time to ski the slopes of Val d'Isère. There are a number of good reasons for this. Firstly, half-term school holidays make this the ideal month for a family winter getaway. Secondly, the longer days mean the lifts can stay open later than in the early part of the season, giving you more shred for your heard-earned ‘bread.’ Thirdly, the snow conditions are traditionally at their tip-top, absolute best. Furthermore, February always has a full calendar of entertainment and activities which do not directly involve skiing.
Occupying the middle month of the season, February benefits from all the early-season snow whilst suffering none of the inevitable melt-off that occurs towards springtime. The temperatures are low but typically less harsh and frosty than January and historically there are more powder and bluebird days than in any other month of the year. Factor in the half-term break and it is the perfect time to bring the whole tribe for some snow-based fun.
More Val d'Isere Insights...
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Val d'Isere
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Introducing Huski - A meal delivery company in Val d'Isere
- Plenty of powder on the Val d'Isere slopes
- Val d'Isere Dump Alert - 6th March 2020