The third Thursday in November is when this year's Beaujolais hits the shelves and is cause for celebration across France.
Beaujolais Nouveau is a red wine made from Gamay grapes, fermented for just a few weeks before being being distributed to bars, shops and restaurants.
The wine may not be to everyone's taste but "Beaujolais Nouveau Day" has become an annual tradition, with many bars in Val d'Isere holding wine tasting sessions.
More Val d'Isere Insights...
- Lots of snow for the season opening in Val d'Isere
- What's new in Val d'Isere winter 2019/20
- Val d'Isere Dump Alert - 8th November 2019
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019
- Watch Perseids Meteors 2019 in Val d'Isere
- Countdown to the Tour de France 2019 in Val d'Isere