Bastille Day is celebrated across the whole of France with a bang...well, several in fact, fireworks always feature heavily.
And the residents of Val d'Isere celebrate this national holiday with as much enthusiasm as the rest of the country. Various activities are held across the city on the 14th, in memory of the storming of the Bastille on the same date in 1789. Traditionally the fireworks display normally starts off between 22:00 and 23:00.
Celebrations are also generally free of charge.
More Val d'Isere Insights...
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019
- Watch Perseids Meteors 2019 in Val d'Isere
- Countdown to the Tour de France 2019 in Val d'Isere
- Eurostar ski train tickets for winter 2019/20
- Latest gear - Camping equipment summer 2019
- Latest gear - new footwear and more for 2019