The Festival du Film Aventure et Decouverte showcases short documentaries featuring at least one of the following themes: adventure, exploration, ethnic encounters, sport or expeditions.
Eleven of the best will be shown throughout the week to be judged by a jury of well-known adventurers and by the public.
Entry to the films is free and each one is followed by a debate with the film-maker; it is a real shared experience that grows in popularity and diversity year on year.
The festival has been running annually since 1996 and goes from strength to strength each year - worth checking out.
Ask at the Tourist Office or check their website for the full schedule.
- Route de la Balme
More Val d'Isere Insights...
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019
- Watch Perseids Meteors 2019 in Val d'Isere
- Countdown to the Tour de France 2019 in Val d'Isere
- Eurostar ski train tickets for winter 2019/20
- Latest gear - Camping equipment summer 2019
- Latest gear - new footwear and more for 2019