At this time of year a good refreeze is essential to good conditions and during this past week it was too warm at night for a good freeze and we had a much tougher week because of it.
To make it even trickier we had a nasty foehn wind that gusted between 60 and 100km/h up towards the Italian border at the Fornet, making it unpleasant at times. But with that said we did have some excellent skiing, and it just goes to show what a brilliant area the L’Espace Killy really is.
More Val d'Isere Insights...
- Val d'Isere Dump Alert - 8th November 2019
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019
- Watch Perseids Meteors 2019 in Val d'Isere
- Countdown to the Tour de France 2019 in Val d'Isere
- Eurostar ski train tickets for winter 2019/20
- Latest gear - Camping equipment summer 2019