At this time of year a good refreeze is essential to good conditions and during this past week it was too warm at night for a good freeze and we had a much tougher week because of it.
To make it even trickier we had a nasty foehn wind that gusted between 60 and 100km/h up towards the Italian border at the Fornet, making it unpleasant at times. But with that said we did have some excellent skiing, and it just goes to show what a brilliant area the L’Espace Killy really is.
More Val d'Isere Insights...
- Travellers welcome to Val d'Isere from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Val d'Isere
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Introducing Huski - A meal delivery company in Val d'Isere
- Plenty of powder on the Val d'Isere slopes