This is arguably the most important role in resort as you provide the primary interface between guests and the chalet company. VIP Ski cannot overstate the impact their Chalet Hosts have to the success of their business and more importantly, the enjoyment of their guests' holiday.
The Chalet Host is responsible for delivering VIP Ski's service promise in the chalet and full commitment to the role is required. Your day will start with wake up drinks served in bed first thing and finish with clearing the table after dinner at night. Their chalet hosts are different from all others. They are able to hand pick their staff from the thousands of individuals who apply to make very sure that they have the most interesting, dedicated, gregarious and professional staff in the Alps.
They prefer more mature applicants who take time and pride in their work and have more "life experience" to share around the dinner table. They are also unique in that all their Chalet Hosts undertake a comprehensive 10-day chalet course specifically designed to equip them with all the tools required to excel in the role. This includes demonstrations of their set menus and bespoke cleaning techniques.
They do not actively look for qualified chefs or cooks, although a passion for cooking and confidence throwing dinner parties is a necessity. They can help you to become more confident with your cooking; they cannot train you to have the drive, enthusiasm and sheer dedication to customer service that they expect: that is up to you.
Job description in brief:
- To prepare breakfast, afternoon tea and a three course evening meal with cheese board on six days per week as
- specified on the website and in the company manual
- To act as a host/hostess to VIP SKI guests and provide exceptional customer service
- To clean the chalet thoroughly
- To ensure that the chalet is maintained in a safe condition at all times
- To complete Company paperwork – accounts, guests sheets etc
- To carry out other duties as requested by the Resort Manager (these might include assisting other Chalet Hosts and cleaning other chalets)