Like all of VIP Chalets management positions in the Alps, the job of a Chalet Manager is extremely varied and complete flexibility is required for this role. This is a highly demanding role and ideally VIP Ski are looking for people who have previously worked in a chalet environment and have experience of managing and motivating staff.
A good understanding of French is advantageous and previous resort experience essential. Driving will invariably be a part of your duties and therefore you will need to have held a full clean driving licence for at least five years.
The specific tasks are too numerous to mention, however, the main responsibilities of a Chalet Manager group themselves in the following categories:
- Ensure outstanding customer service and guest satisfaction within a given number of chalets
- Effectively manage and oversee a team of Chalet Hosts
- Training of new staff and re-training of existing staff where necessary
- Quality control of all chalet standards including food and beverage, cleaning, Health and Safety, budget control and in chalet service
- Assist with chalet cleaning and cooking where necessary - working in chalets to cover any sickness or injury
- Control of supermarket shopping
- Ski pass sales and delivery
- Assistance with the smooth running of transfer day (chalet preparation, logistics and airport transfers)
- Responsibility for staff welfare
- Logging all customer feedback for chalets under your responsibility