After an amazing one-month stretch of almost uninterrupted beautiful, sunny, bluebird days with perfectly groomed quiet pistes it’s snowing again.
The best slopes to ski yesterday were under the La Daille Gondola if you didn’t want to face the blizzard down from the Funival, and in La Fornet as well as the lower Solaise area. Today should bring another 10 to 20cm of snow with 18km/h to 60km/h winds and -12Cº to -5Cº.
For the next seven days, we are expecting another 114cm of pow with much less wind. Snow depths before this fresh fall were 190cm on the upper slopes and 100cm on the lower slopes. Avalanche risk is currently at 3/5 but will probably increase as the wind accumulates snow and slabs on to the mostly hard and smooth base off-piste.
Enjoy the snow, be safe and see you on the slopes!
SeeValdIsere snow reports and dump alerts are brought to you by Richard, from Ski Dreams – a local ski instructor offering private and group lessons, both on and off-piste, as well as day trips and adventures in the mountains. Learn more on his website.
More Val d'Isere Insights...
- Val d'Isere Dump Alert - 6th December 2020
- When is Val d'Isere opening for the ski season 2020/21?
- Safety measures in Val d'Isere winter 2020/21
- Travellers welcome to Val d'Isere from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Val d'Isere