We have been blessed with absolutely stonking snowfall throughout this early part of the season in Val d'Isere, and the last few days have been no different. A fresh 40cm of snow has fallen in the station with 60cm of fresh snow on higher slopes over the last two days, while another 20cm is expected today and tonight.
We are having very high winds of about 90km/h to 150km/h on the glaciers with an avalanche risk of 4/5. The temperatures are quite cold with 0ºC at 2000m and -6ºC at 2500m. Virtually everything is closed today, only the TK Savonette, TK Legettaz drag lifts and TS Village, TS Rogonay chairs on the lower slopes are open.
It should be slowly clearing up overnight and tomorrow with great sunny weather and excellent groomer piste skiing conditions previewed for Christmas Day, while the off-piste powder skiing will be deep and a bit tricky. Current snow depths stand at between 96cm and 210cm.
SeeValdIsere snow reports and dump alerts are brought to you by Richard, from Ski Dreams – a local ski instructor offering private and group lessons, both on and off-piste, as well as day trips and adventures in the mountains. Learn more on his website.
More Val d'Isere Insights...
- Val d'Isere Dump Alert - 18th January 2020
- Val d'Isere in January 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do
- Happy New Year from Val d'Isere!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeValdIsere.com
- Christmas & New Year 2019 in Val d'Isere - What weather to expect & what to do
- Val d'Isere Dump Alert - 23rd December 2019