Val d'Isere is in the middle of a very snowy blizzard at the moment, with lots of snow falling in resort and on the slopes.
The mountain is completely closed today with 100kmph winds at 3000m and 50cm of fresh snow overnight. It is continuing to snow throughout today and well into Saturday so we can expect plenty of avalanche blasting and further safety operations before the mountain reopens! Avalanche risk is currently at 4/5 and the Santel car park is closed, as is the road from Le Joseray to Le Châtelard.
The forecast is saying that we'll get some sunshine on Sunday afternoon and Monday, after a couple of overcast, snowy days.
More Val d'Isere Insights...
- Travellers welcome to Val d'Isere from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Val d'Isere
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Introducing Huski - A meal delivery company in Val d'Isere
- Plenty of powder on the Val d'Isere slopes