Val d'Isere is in the middle of a very snowy blizzard at the moment, with lots of snow falling in resort and on the slopes.
The mountain is completely closed today with 100kmph winds at 3000m and 50cm of fresh snow overnight. It is continuing to snow throughout today and well into Saturday so we can expect plenty of avalanche blasting and further safety operations before the mountain reopens! Avalanche risk is currently at 4/5 and the Santel car park is closed, as is the road from Le Joseray to Le Châtelard.
The forecast is saying that we'll get some sunshine on Sunday afternoon and Monday, after a couple of overcast, snowy days.
More Val d'Isere Insights...
- Val d'Isere Dump Alert - 5th February 2020
- Val d'Isere in February 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do
- Val d'Isere Dump Alert - 29th January 2020
- Val d'Isere Dump Alert - 18th January 2020
- Val d'Isere in January 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do
- Happy New Year from Val d'Isere!